Making electronics factories more resilient
Industry Survey 2020: ASM publishes results
ASM surveyed roughly 450 companies from mid-September through early October on the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic for businesses and the ways in which electronics manufacturers all over the world are planning to respond to the crisis over the short to medium term. The results of the ASMPT Industry Survey 2020 with all essential findings and many charts are available for downloading.
Although other industries have been hit much harder by the pandemic, electronics factories around the world are facing great challenges. Accordingly, 55 percent of the companies surveyed registered a negative impact on their production, and 42 percent reported concrete declines in productivity.
One lesson from the pandemic: Become more resilient
Asked about their intermediate-term plans, companies stated that they are beginning to make their manufacturing operations more resilient. To be more crisis-proof in the future, 75 percent of the respondents are banking on more automation. Two of three companies plan to advance the digital transformation of their production and business processes. They also want to invest more heavily into the use of remote services. Another interesting finding: one-third of the surveyed electronics manufacturers plan to assess the Covid-19 preventative measures of their suppliers and technology partners.
Suppliers are expected to have online and remote skills
As far as communication and services are concerned, electronics manufacturers expect more than just videoconferencing capabilities from their suppliers and partners. The majority of respondents sees a need for online training and powerful remote services in order to receive more efficient support and be better prepared for future crises.
The survey results in detail
The results of the study have been compiled in our “Industry Survey Report – Learning from Covid-19”. Interested parties can download this report at no charge via this link
Other press releases
- Leverages Digital Resources for Business Advantage
- Revenue, Bookings and Profitability for First Nine Months of 2020 Show Year-on-Year Improvement
- Significantly more performance, flexibility and openness
- ASM opens up new possibilities in high-volume solder paste printing
- Top Mil/Aero EMS C.R. International Inc. Expands Capability with ASM’s E by SIPLACE Platform
- Successful Nepcon Asia 2020
- Achieving printing excellence with ASM
- ASM Works
- Staying Resilient Amid Economic Uncertainty 1H 2020 Group Profitability Improved Year-on-Year