ASM Pacific Technology Reaches Milestone with 250th Thermo-Compression Bonding Tool Shipped to Customers
Semiconductor and Packaging Technology Leader Extends Leadership in Advanced Packaging and Heterogeneous Integration with High Volume Manufacturing Tools
ASM Pacific Technology (ASMPT), a leading global supplier of hardware and software solutions for the manufacturing of semiconductors and electronics, announced that it has shipped its 250th Thermo-Compression Bonding (TCB) tool to customers in Feb 2021.
This milestone highlights ASMPT’s leadership in TCB, a technology it has heavily invested in innovation and co-pioneered with a leading customer, in order to deliver a reliable high volume manufacturing (HVM) tool to the market. Presently, ASMPT is in its 3rd generation of TCB bonders for the TC-CUF (Thermo-Compression-Capillary Underfill) process, which the company has progressively evolved from chip-to-substrate (C2S), chip-to-wafer (C2W) to the current ultra-precision, high throughput tool that is scalable for future needs of the industry and customers. With traditional mass reflow flip chip (MR FC) technology reaching the limits of its capabilities, ASMPT’s TCB technology continues to support its customers’ technology roadmaps in High Performance Computing and adjacent applications. By ASMPT’s internal market assessment, the company believes it has the largest installed base of TCB tools and customers in the world, and is a clear leader in the TC-CUF and TCB bonder market.
“Thanks to close collaboration with our lead customers, we have very extensive experience with TCB technology and are deeply privileged to be chosen by our customers as the preferred TCB tool for the TC-CUF process” explained Mr Lim Choon Khoon, CEO of ASMPT’s IC/Discrete & CIS Business Unit, Semiconductor Solutions Segment. “We are committed to push technological boundaries and process capabilities with our next-generation tools that enable exponential scaling in chip interconnect that can directly address our customers’ Advanced Packaging and Heterogeneous Integration requirements.”
Since 2013, ASMPT has been able to enable high volume TC-CUF manufacturing. ASMPT is confident that with the advent of its new platform, it will continue to renew its value proposition by continuing to improve capabilities in precision, speed, reliability and scalability, in order to help sustain its leadership in the TC-CUF space.
Other press releases
- Open Automation attracts huge interest
- MES to Power Fully Automated SMT Line in ASMPT Booth at productronica
- Unbeatable combination of precision and speed
- Powerful solutions for new applications in electronics production
- Compact top performance for flexible SMT automation
- ASM presents its innovative automation concept
- Three EM Best of Industry 2021 Awards
- Global Automotive Market Leader in Automated Sensor Assembly and Test Equipment
- ASM to feature Open Automation concepts at Productronica 2021
- ASM Showcases Portfolio Breadth at SMTA International – MD&M, Highlights High-Performance Solutions for EMS and Medical Device Manufacturers