Smart solutions for maximum productivity
ASM makes electronics manufacturing more resilient
ASM offers electronics manufacturers who want to become more resilient to future crises smart solutions for all aspects of their production operations. The technology leader had launched a major survey over the summer, asking more than 450 electronics manufacturers around the world about their situation in the coronavirus crisis, their countermeasures, and their assessment of the medium- and long-term consequences of the pandemic. One conclusion of the study, the results of which are available for downloading, was that electronics manufacturers want to invest in remote technologies for maintenance and training as well as in further automation in response to the crisis. In addition to the results of this study, ASM presents on the web solutions that help electronics manufacturers achieve these goals and make their operations more resilient
The report of the study’s results highlights the enormous challenges electronics manufacturers all over the world must deal with as a result of the pandemic. Examples include limited access to factories, travel restrictions for their own and external technicians, production schedules and systems that are not flexible enough to handle pandemic-related order fluctuations, and supply chain interruptions. To be able to respond to such crises better and faster in the future, many electronics manufacturers want to take proactive steps now and invest in remote technologies and smart communication, planning and production solutions.
“A company that operates smarter will also be able to respond more flexibly and successfully to disruptive factors or even shocks like the global coronavirus pandemic,” says Gabriela Reckewerth, Senior Director Global Marketing at ASM Assembly Systems. “ASM offers lots of information on building up resilience, including our Industry Report 2020, which interested parties can use to get a quick overview of what electronics manufacturers can do to make their operations more resilient with ASM’s help.”
ASM Academy becomes even better
The ASM Academy learning platform offers extensive online training as well as general knowledge about ASM solutions. With its internet-based approaches, it provides a welcome alternative to on-site training and offers users convenient individual learning opportunities.
In response to the heavy increase in the number of users in recent months, ASM has made significant improvements to the platform:
- Huge selection of free courses and learning tools available to all users (including full operational and maintenance training courses)
- Pay-per-use: Save money by selecting training courses à la carte
- Improved user administration makes access and maintenance even easier
Train and repair remotely
Companies gain additional independence with ASM Remote Smart Factory. The remote maintenance solution provides a secure and flexible platform that allows remote access to ASM equipment. It can also be used for in-house access.
Technology leader ASM also offers smart factory solutions that make operators and technicians more efficient and flexible. For example, ASM Command Center assigns machines’ assist requests to smart multi-line operator pools based on skills and priorities.
Modern, proactive asset and maintenance management
ASM Factory Equipment Center bundles all asset management operations, makes information about all systems’ maintenance calendars transparent, provides paperless repair instructions, and stores checklists for transparent customer documentation in a central location – factory-wide and also for third party equipment.
For more information about the Industry Survey 2020 and ASM factory solutions that allow electronics manufacturers to make their operations more resilient, visit www.asm-smt.com/en/be-resilient/
Other press releases
- Open Automation attracts huge interest
- MES to Power Fully Automated SMT Line in ASMPT Booth at productronica
- Unbeatable combination of precision and speed
- Powerful solutions for new applications in electronics production
- Compact top performance for flexible SMT automation
- ASM presents its innovative automation concept
- Three EM Best of Industry 2021 Awards
- Global Automotive Market Leader in Automated Sensor Assembly and Test Equipment
- ASM to feature Open Automation concepts at Productronica 2021
- ASM Showcases Portfolio Breadth at SMTA International – MD&M, Highlights High-Performance Solutions for EMS and Medical Device Manufacturers