New Chief Executive Officer (CEO) appointed for ASM Pacific Technology Ltd
Appointment of industry veteran Robin Ng as new CEO of ASMPT
ASMPT announced the retirement of Mr Lee Wai Kwong, its CEO and the appointment of Mr Robin Gerard Ng Cher Tat, the Group’s current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Executive Director as successor, with effect from May 2020.
An industry veteran for over 17 years and with 30 years of experience in finance, audit and accounting, Mr Ng will continue to lead and drive ASMPT’s technology-driven and customer-focused strategies.
On his appointment, Mr Ng said: “I am excited and humbled by this opportunity to serve as CEO of ASMPT, a much respected global and market leader within the semiconductor assembly and packaging, and surface mount technology industry. I would like to thank the Chairman and the Board for having their trust and confidence in me. I look forward to building on the strong business and leadership foundation that Mr Lee has laid to bring the Group to the next level of growth.”
Mr Lee’s retirement has come after a long and distinguished career of almost 40 years with the Group, first in Hong Kong and then in Singapore, and having led ASMPT as its CEO over the past 13 years.
The Board of directors expressed their appreciation and gratitude to Mr Lee for his immense contributions to ASMPT over the last 40 years having built a solid foundation for ASMPT’s future growth and ensuring continuity in the Group’s business strategies and directions by passing the baton to Mr Ng.
With his wealth of management experience and in-depth understanding of the needs of the Group, ASMPT looks to achieve greater heights under the leadership of Mr Ng. A further announcement will be made when Mr Ng’s appointment becomes effective next year.
For more details on the appointment, please refer to our Press Release.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
- With low force and touchless methods
- Get to know the most flexible placement platform – reinvented
- Successful and surpassed expectation amidst pandemic
- A one-stop place to experience the latest ASM solutions for Smart Factory and Industry 4.0.
- SEMICON China 27 to 29 June
- ASM OIB now provides Maintenance Data as the foundation for Predictive Maintenance
- Automated planning reduces the burden for line assignment of jobs and improves production yield
- Getting the latest information easily and directly from our ASM experts
- Update on ASM’s activities in this situation.
- WK Lee turns over the leadership of ASMPT to Robin Ng